President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. renewed his promise to hold accountable those behind questionable government infrastructure projects.

Marcos Jr. made the statement during the FOCAP Presidential Luncheon at the Diamond Hotel in Manila Friday, as the country continues to experience heavy rains and flooding.

“As I committed during my State of the Nation Address last month, we will hold accountable all individuals responsible for the anomalous implementation of government infrastructure projects,” Marcos said.

He said those responsible must be held accountable and government projects must serve their purpose.

“This accountability goes hand-in-hand with ensuring that these projects deliver the services that our people need,” he said.

Marcos said the government is also working to improve flood control and disaster preparedness and speed up important projects.

“Every peso invested in these projects must translate into real protection for our people and communities,” he said.

The President also raised concern over children’s exposure to harmful content on social media and other online platforms.

He said the government must make sure that children can use technology without putting their safety and well-being at risk.

“We must create a safer environment where children can learn and grow without compromising their well-being,” Marcos said.

He said the government is expanding programs on digital literacy, improving cybersecurity and promoting the well-being of Filipinos while protecting freedom of expression.IMT